Definitions• Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
• Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
• Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User's device.
• Service Generated Data: Service Generated Data means the data created, edited or uploaded on our service. It includes messages, events, documents, projects, architecture of your workspaces and everything needed to run our Service.
• Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
• Data Subject: Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
• User: The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And UseWe collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected• Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include: Email address, Name, Phone number and Cookies.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
• Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
• Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use: session cookies (we use these cookies to operate our Service).
Use of DataWe use the collected data for various purposes: • To provide and maintain our Service
• To notify you about changes to our Service
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
• To provide customer support
• To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
• To monitor the usage of our Service
• To detect, prevent and address technical issues
• To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of DataYour information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Your information, including Personal Data and Service Generated Data, is encrypted and cannot be read by a tier.
Your Usage Data is not encrypted and is transferred to tier.
• Disclosure for Law Enforcement. Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Security Of DataService Generated Data is always encrypted and cannot be read by tiers. You can read more about how we secure your data on twakeapp.com .
Twake may process your Personal Data because: • We need to perform a contract with you
• You have given us permission to do so
• The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights
• For payment processing purposes
• To comply with the law
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Twake aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights: • The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
• The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
• The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
• The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
• The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
• The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Twake relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Service ProvidersWe may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
AnalyticsWe may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
• Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page : https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
Mixpanel is a web analytics service offered by Mixpanel and allows us to monitor the service usage by application and by user. A common usage is the number of daily connected users. For more information visit Mixpanel website on https://mixpanel.com/
Storage and cloud services• Amazon Web Services
Our servers, your documents and your data are stored in the cloud provider Amazon Web Services. We deployed our infrastructure in Paris. More information on https://aws.amazon.com
Some secondary services can be stored on OVH, also in France. More information on https://ovh.com
Usage of IntegrationsThe Service allows you to connect with tier services (for instance Google Drive) and so we transfert some part of your Service Generated Data and Personal Data to those tiers.
All integrations are optional and you can choose to use or to not use them on each Service workspace.
Any activated integration has access to your company name, logo ; your workspace name, logo and members ; and has specified capabilities and privileges visible before the app activation.
We do not control how data is used once transferred to integrations but each transfer initiated by Twake or to Twake must be over HTTPS.
Google Drive integrationGoogle Drive integration synchronise your Twake Drive with a Google Drive.
Each file uploaded to Twake is moved to Google Drive and replaced by a link to Google Drive in Twake.
Each file uploaded to Google Drive creates a link in Twake.
Documents contents are not stored in Twake but only in Google Drive.
Moving a document from Google Drive or from Twake moves the documents in the other Service, including in the trash.
Twake cannot definitively delete a Google Drive file.
The transfer between the two Services is operated over HTTPS, using a middle server which user Google Drive API and Twake API.
The middle server (managed by Twake) never store the content of your documents and only act as a relay.
The middle server can store metadata of your documents (name, date of creation, format, path, last modification, etc) during a limited time to avoid change collision and errors.
Zapier / IFTTT integrationsZapier or IFTTT allows you to create automations in your workspace.
Because Zapier or IFTTT can modify a lot of information in your workspaces, it has many privileges and capabilities.
A middle server (managed by Twake) is used to connect Zapier or IFTTT to Twake and is only used to store the access keys and relay data.
General push notifications integrationsWe provide many integrations to notify you on the Twake Service messaging service generally called Webhooks.
Webhooks are only one way and cannot send Service Generated Data to tier services.
Twake default integrationsWe provide some default integrations fully managed and integrated in the Twake Service and cannot be considered as tier services.
It includes : Tasks, Documents, Calendar, OnlyOffice, Outcoming Webhooks, Jitsi, RSS, Remind and Simple Poll.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Children's PrivacyOur Service is not targeted to anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.